This Device They Call a Blog....

I find myself stepping into a foreign world. A world which is largely unknown in my land, but a world that is already highly populated and bustling with life! It is my hope that this, my own contribution to the "new world", will not be fruitless or useless, but a meaningful addition to be remembered. Stay as long as you like!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Good Reminder/Refreshing Perspective on Legalism...

I found this is the book I'm read called Money, Possessions, and Eternity by Randy Alcorn. He's speaking in the context of tithing, specifically excuses people might make not to tithe. But what he says is so well put and important, I just had to post it. :)

Excuse: "Tithing is legalistic."

Response: "Any legitimate practice can be done with a legalistic attitude. The fault is with the heart, not tithing itself. What I have noticed, however, is that some people call anything "legalism" that sets a responsiblity upon them or requires discipline from them. If any principle gets too close to home, starts meddling in my life, requires sacrifice or commitment on my part, then I can dismiss it simply by calling it "legalistic". Hence, legalism easily becomes a convenient label to cover up my own unwillingness to obey God."

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, thak you, thank you.

    Sincerely,

    -Somebody that is consistantly labeled as legalistic

    ReplyDelete
  2. ::grins:: You are most welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete